[Cialug] embedded linux

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Mon Dec 3 21:11:41 CST 2007

Some guys at work have told me about this interesting board when I was
asking them for some info on embedded Linux development. It's by Atmel,
based on the AVR32 platform. It's called the NGW100 and goes for about $74
http://www.avrfreaks.net/wiki/index.php/Documentation:NGW

It comes preloaded with Linux installed, has 32M of RAM. It's bootable from
ROM or an external SD card and has two working ethernet ports and a serial
port. It has USB (not host, it has the B port) and 63 i/o ports (including
pwm, i2c, etc).

Quite a bit of board for the price imho. Atmel and community provide fully
functional tool chains that work from Linux or Windows.

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode