[Cialug] New Computer Hardware Issue

jrnosee at gmail.com jrnosee at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 13:08:06 CST 2007

This has to be the oddest thing I've ever heard.  When you said the drives
weren't spinning up/ejecting but the power supply was on I immediately
guessed the power supply was faulty, but you said you tried another PS.
First I'd re-seat CPU & RAM.  If you have a graphics card AND on-board
video, remove the graphics card, if not, re-seat the card you are using.
Remove ALL PCI/PCI-E expansion cards and drives (cd/dvd/hdd, etc).  Make
sure you plugged in the CPU power cable.  When you power it on like this do
you see ANYTHING on the monitor?  Do you get any POST beeps (does it beep at
all when it comes on)?  If you get ANYTHING please post it and the
motherboard brand and model.