[Cialug] mysql triggers

carl-olsen at mchsi.com carl-olsen at mchsi.com
Fri Aug 31 11:01:35 CDT 2007

I have that book.  I also use that web site frequently.

Stored procedures (and triggers) are much easier to write in MySQL, but their performance is much worse than PostgreSQL.  So, I'm not using stored procedures with MySQL.  I do use triggers once in a while.  With PostgreSQL, I used stored procedures for just about everything.

Carl Olsen
Des Moines, IA

From: "Matthew Nuzum" <newz at bearfruit.org>