[Cialug] Fine Print - Broadband suggestions?

Nathan Stien nathanism at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 12:20:54 CDT 2007

On 8/29/07, Dave Weis <djweis at internetsolver.com> wrote:
> It took me a while to find out why I get the opposite of ghosting, I see
> part of the picture a fraction of a second before it really appears. One
> of the people that works with me said it's because the over the air
> signal is leaking into their cable network and gets to the TV faster
> than the signal they are mangling in their head end and sending over the
> cable network. Good stuff!

In other oddness, I've found that signal on a tv that has a set top
digital cable box usually *leads* a pure analog cable tv by over a
second.  I have also noticed that sometimes they run different ads
simultaneously on the digital and analog streams, on the same channel.
 And 3 out of the 4 times I have observed this, the digital ad seems
to be trying to sell mediacom while the other is not -- wouldn't they
want to do that the other way round?

--
Nathan P. Stien
Consulting Engineer / Software Developer