[Cialug] Fine Print - Broadband suggestions?

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at DRAKE.EDU
Wed Aug 29 12:04:34 CDT 2007

They don't just raise rates while reducing quality with their data
service. I get basic cable with them and over the course of about 3
years the bill has increased 50% and the image quality is noticeably
worse. Though it is analog cable, it appears they send the signal
through a low-bandwidth digital conversion at some point because
whenever the image changes quickly there are ugly blocky compression
artifacts. It didn't used to be that way. Maybe i can convince my
roommates that we don't need cable at all. Why bother watching TV when
there is a whole internet to play with?