[Cialug] secure passwords

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Tue Aug 21 08:46:50 CDT 2007

So it looks like someone at Microsoft takes security seriously by
enforcing strong passwords:
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B276304&x=16&y=20

Error Message: Your Password Must Be at Least 18770 Characters and
Cannot Repeat Any of Your Previous 30689 Passwords

APPLIES TO
•	Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 1
•	Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
•	Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 1

Wow, I sound like a sissy after complaining yesterday about having to
type my password so many times. I think with a password complying with
the above policy it'd take me all morning to log in. Can you imagine
seeing the post-it note stuck to the side of the monitor of someone
with one of those passwords?

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode