[Cialug] RAM upgrade

Kendall Bailey krbailey at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 14:11:35 CDT 2007

Simple hardware question... I run Debian on an inexpensive white box
machine I purchased via eBay some time ago.  It has 256MB, and I'd
like to upgrade to 2GB.  I have the motherboard user's guide, but I'm
a little clueless.  Any advice is appreciated (brand, where to buy,
specs, install gotchas).

The motherboard (KM400-M2 from ECS Elitegroup?) guide says "supports
four banks of DDR Synchronous DRAMs up to 2 GB for unbuffered module",
and later says "supports DDR333/266/200 (PC2700,PC2100, and PC1600 DDR
SDRAM)".
Finally I see
- Accomodates two unbuffered 2.5V 184-pin slots
- A total maximum capacity 2 GB

The cpu is an Athlon XP 3000+, if that matters.

Thanks!