[Cialug] Fedora - the dreaded rpmq failure

Tom Pohl tom at tcpconsulting.com
Tue Aug 7 13:17:39 CDT 2007

Sorry, I had a centos box that I was on when I wrote that.

Looking at one of my Fedora Core 4 boxes, I wonder if there is
conflict between the cron.daily script yum and the cron.daily rpm
script that gives you a locking issue.  Looking at the run-parts
script, it appears that rpm would run before yum nightly.  Is it
possible that the previous night's yum script got hung up and the
next night, rpm becomes grumpy waiting for the lock to release?

-Tom