[Cialug] Fedora - the dreaded rpmq failure

David Champion dchampion at visionary.com
Tue Aug 7 13:08:38 CDT 2007

Tom Pohl wrote:
> Bah, just turn off yum-updatesd and I bet the problem goes away :)
>
> Who really wants updates to automatically download / download & install
> anyway?
>
> -Tom

Not running yum-updatesd. This is the job that is hanging nightly...

# cat /etc/cron.daily/rpm
#!/bin/sh

/bin/rpm -qa --qf '%{name}-%{version}-%{release}.%{arch}.rpm\n' 2>&1 \
        | /bin/sort > /var/log/rpmpkgs

Probably not mission-critical. I removed the script until I get this
fixed. There's a nearly identical version of this script in Mandriva
(just has the absolute paths removed from the bins), and it works fine.

-dc