[Cialug] HDHomeRun

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Mon Apr 30 10:59:12 CDT 2007

One of the things I love about my current tivo box is the integration with DirectTV.  One physical box.

With my current MythTV setup I have 2 physical boxes, one DirectTV tuner, one MythTV Box.  If I had two tuners you could throw in another physical box.

With HDHomeRun you'd have to have two HD DirectTV tuners, the HDHomeRun unit and the MythTV box.

At some point getting it working well has to take a seat to "looking good" and having *four* physical boxes simply can't look good.

--Tony