[Cialug] Intel PRO/Wireless ipw3945

Tim Wilson tim_linux at wilson-home.com
Wed Apr 25 09:41:46 CDT 2007

In my travails to get my Netgear card running under NDISWrapper, I
discovered that some kernels are using a 4k stack, and others are
using larger stacks.  Some cards/drivers require a larger stack
(reasons I don't understand).  But, it might be worth a shot to see if
you can get a kernel with a bigger stack, or recompile it with a
bigger stack.  FWIW, I got my card running under OpenSuse, using an
alternate pre-compiled kernel.

On 4/25/07, Tony Bibbs <tony at tonybibbs.com> wrote:
> According to Google this integrated wireless card should work.  Using opensuse it requires the ip3945d and ipw-firmware packages.  Those are installed but no  dice.  When I try to modprobe ipw3945 I get errors in dmesg about undefined symbols.  This eventually led me to thinking maybe it doesn't like the stock ieee80211 subsystem with the default kernel I have so I tried grabbing the latest ieee80211 stuff.  Problem with that is I'm not sure how to configure the system to use that package instead of the kernel's.  I tried to disable it in the kernel but there are so many other options that force it to be included that I can't do it.
>
> So any thoughts on where to go next?
>
> --Tony

Tim