[Cialug] Iowa Telecom and Qwest

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 13:57:00 CDT 2007

On 4/4/07, David Champion <dchampion at visionary.com> wrote:
> What if I want to download every iso image linked on Distrowatch?

You'd be stealing from Microsoft!  Stop downloading from Distrowatch
and start paying for your software!

> Also, streaming video, or downloadable movies as companies like Netflix
> are investigating, could easily hit the bandwidth caps.

Agreed.  And while overbooking might be okay for airplanes, when
applied to bandwidth it makes assumptions that may not hold true.  Why
would I stream movies from Netflix if I'm afraid of my ISP cutting me
off for it?  And then people talk about America being not as wired as
other places in the world...