[Cialug] Iowa Telecom and Qwest

Dave Weis djweis at internetsolver.com
Wed Apr 4 15:24:46 CDT 2007

On Wed, 4 Apr 2007, Neal Daringer wrote:
> that? bandwidth doesnt/shouldn't cost anything(extra). if your selling a
> 54MB line then you should be able to support that speed for every customer
> (not at the same time of course) but you should still have contingincies in
> place to be ready for it to be up to par all the time.

This is like an all you can eat buffet. If you plan on using every bit of
capacity all day every day it costs more for the provider. If you expect
to do that your 54 meg connection will cost closer to $5k/month. I would
be happy to trade off casual use with a good peak for spending many times
more than my mortgage for bandwidth.

dave

--
Dave Weis