[Cialug] Xubuntu question

Matthew Nuzum matthew.nuzum at canonical.com
Wed Apr 4 15:00:00 CDT 2007

Way back when there was a problem with IPv6 and DNS resolution in
Ubuntu... it caused timeouts.

Does anyone remember the details? Seems there was an easy fix. (maybe
this is helpful: http://swik.net/IPv6+Ubuntu )

Also, if you have avahi, its possible for some apps to time out (but I
don't think firefox would be one) when mdns is listed on the hosts line
in /etc/nsswitch.conf

Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode