[Cialug] Xubuntu question

Stuart Thiessen sthiessen at passitonservices.org
Wed Apr 4 14:39:11 CDT 2007

Yep it is working online.

It says:

The connection has timed out.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. (I have another
computer on the same network that can access the page just fine).

If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection. (I can install programs through the package manager or ping
outside).

If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make
sure that firefox is permitted to access the web. (How do I check for
the firewall on Xubuntu? I don't see anything through the gui that
allows me to check firewall settings, but if Konqueror can read the
pages, then Firefox should too, right?

Stuart