[Cialug] Installing Xubuntu

Stuart Thiessen sthiessen at passitonservices.org
Mon Apr 2 16:16:35 CDT 2007

It seems to be a 393M (strange number, not sure why?) AMD K-6 500/2
machine with 20GB. Lilo worked when I did a go back to get to an
"experts" menu, but then it froze, then I tried to rescue it and
reinstall Lilo. Then upon reboot, it would not accept my password into
the system. I was confused. So, I am on another install to see if I can
clean install, but I can't seem to figure out how to get it to ask me
upfront in the install process which bootloader I want. It seems to
require grub but grudgingly allow lilo if you can finangle your way to
finding it.

Thanks,

Stuart