[Cialug] DNS

Ian S. Walmsley iwalmsley at ianlan.com
Tue Sep 26 20:01:06 CDT 2006

It depends on the type of provider. If you are moving an actual domain
name, from for instance yahoo domains to godaddy.com, when you transfer
the domain it will ask you for the new dns servers to point the domain
at.

If you are talking about the dns of the actual domain, (the servers that
the registar's point to for your domain) then you would have to be
dealing with staff to see if that is possible or keep one service one
month longer...

Hope that helps...