[Cialug] SED replace IP help

Adk adk at 52761.com
Fri Sep 22 14:25:01 CDT 2006

Our local group has a server for our list and a couple of non-profits.
Local ISP just upgraded one of their routers and now we have lost
the IP that their DHCP was handing out. It had been a workable situation
before and IP never changed unless they made an equipment change.
We have no money to purchase a static IP- $120/yr.

We are running DNS, Web, and mail on the box.

Can I use sed to search the complete drive and replace the IP?
What would be the exact command?

Our local guru help is out of town and we need to get this box up soon.

Allen Kiddoo
Muscatine