[Cialug] Distro Burning Party and Flyer Hand-out

kristau kristau at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 22:17:20 CDT 2006

I guess what we need at this stage is a time and a place, so here goes!

What: Distro Burning Party in preparation for SFD/IF
Where:  Friedrichs Coffee, 4632 86th Street, Urbandale, IA 50322
(google maps link near the end of this message)
When: Thursday, 14 September, 2006 from 6:00 PM to whenever we get
done or they close (which ever comes first).
What to bring:
- ISO image(s) of your favorite distro(s).
- A laptop with CD burning capabilities.
- A network patch cable and/or wireless adapter.
- Some blank CDs and/or DVDs.

I intend to provide a power strip, a small switch and a stack of 50
blank CDs.  We can set up a small network on the switch over which we
can swap .iso files once we determine which distros we need to burn
the most.  I believe they have power outlets around for us to use.  If
not, we may need to go "ad-hoc wifi."

I may be slightly later than 6 PM, as I have to drive home from Ames,
let the dog out, then drive to Friedrichs.  The drive to Friedrichs
being the shortest of those activities ;)

I plan on bringing the following .iso files:
- KNOPPIX_5.0.1CD.
- Ubuntu 6.06.1 Desktop in i386, AMD64 and PowerPC flavors.
- The Open CD v3.1.
- OpenSuSE 10.1 (5 CDs)

Since we will be showing up pretty much unannounced, I recommend you
buy lots of coffee, tea and/or crumpets!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=4632+86th+Street,+Urbandale,+IA+50322&ie=UTF8&om=1&z=15&iwloc=A

later,
kristau
--