[Cialug] WiFi Connection not working

Jim Asbille jim.asbille at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 13:18:17 CST 2006

I have a Compaq Evo N800c laptop with Suse 10 loaded.  I have been able to
get the WLAN W200 wireless card working and am at the Central Library trying
to make a connection.  KwifiManager sees the network and correctly
identifies it.  I am comparing using a Gateway laptop with Windows XP that
is successfully on the internet.  The Access point seems correct and the
Local IP is correct but when I start a browser the page cannot be found.  On
Kwifimanager I click Scan for Networks and it says "The scan is complete,
but no networks have been found.

Help, any ideas?  I am so close to having this working but I am dumbfounded
by this.

--
Jim Asbille, MSM
registered Linux user number 388067

Every human being is the author of his own health or disease.
Buddha