[Cialug] Re: shopping cart

afan at afan.net afan at afan.net
Thu Oct 26 10:06:42 CDT 2006

Two years ago, while was woking at Captain Jack, I used x-cart on few
products. Not free shopping cart, but worth money. That version required
some basic knowladge of Smarty.

Now I used on several projects osCommerce CRE Preloaded. It's free and
very popular cart. Lot of contributions. Though, several times installed
"stable" version that didn't work out of box (Error in code or can't find
file (?!?!?) or something like that). "Support" is through forum and don't
expect to get help every time.
Also, the cart is easy to modify to fit your needs.

Instalation (both carts) was easy and fast. Merchant account was already
set up by client.

my 2 cents
:D

-afan