[Cialug] Oooh, Barracuda (WAS: Sendmail spam rejection)

Matt Patterson matt at usrlocal.com
Thu Oct 26 09:29:31 CDT 2006

With all this talk about spam filtering appliances, I figured I better
inject some insight into a company that I recently worked for.

MailFoundry also has a very nice product that will compete with Barracuda
on price.  It has a nice UI which is easy to use, has nice pretty pictures
and gives you a *lot* of control over what you can do with the appliance.

The biggest difference between Barracuda and MailFoundry is that
MailFoundry is a human intelligence based email filtering solution.  SO
you have actually humans looking at spam feeds / attacks and marking them
spam or ham and rules are created based off those actions.  These rules
are distributed every 1-3 minutes, though I think they advertise 5-10
minutes.

They also have a 30 day trial and are worth a look.

-Matt Patterson