[Cialug] Oooh, Barracuda (WAS: Sendmail spam rejection)

Dave Weis djweis at internetsolver.com
Tue Oct 24 19:08:54 CDT 2006

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006, kristau wrote:
> On 10/24/06, Dave Weis <djweis at internetsolver.com> wrote:
>>
>> We have a Barracuda that does this very well. It attempts an SMTP
>> connection to the backend server when it sees a new address.
>
> At work, our current spam protection solution sucks.  And that's
> putting it mildly.  I'm familiar with spamassasin, but I'm looking for
> something more appliance-y and end-user-friendly.
> What's your overall assesment of the Barracuda, Dave?  A simple thumbs
> up/thumbs down will suffice, unless you want to expound.

I've been very happy with it. We're blocking about 10K per day with very
few false positives and negatives. I have my account set more permissive
than many because some potential clients send spammy looking email.

They have a 30 day trial program if you would like to get one to test or
some ISP's offer it as a service or reseller :-)

     \|/

--
Dave Weis
djweis at internetsolver.com