[Cialug] mysql replication

Dave Weis djweis at internetsolver.com
Wed Nov 15 10:41:02 CST 2006

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006, Dave J. Hala Jr. wrote:
> On mysql 4.x you need to add a line like the following in the my.cnf on
> the master and slave for each db you want to replicate.
> replicate-do-db=dbdname
> I'm guessing that it applies no matter table type you are using.
> You'll also need a replication username, password and that account will
> have to have replication privileges.

It looks like if they are blank it does all of the databases. I put in to
ignore the mysql database itself and that does show up. I want it to copy
everything so I didn't know if it would show % or something.

Everything seems to be going now. It doesn't restart itself very clean
after unplanned restarts of either end...

--
Dave Weis
djweis at internetsolver.com
http://www.internetsolver.com/