[Cialug] CMS selections

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Wed Nov 8 17:50:54 CST 2006

We are in the process of rolling out Alfresco for this sort of thing.
It has most of the features you want, though the "publish to the web"
part is fairly new.

--
-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701

>>> Matthew Nuzum <matthew.nuzum at canonical.com> 11/08/06 5:30 PM >>>
I'm investigating CMS systems and just wondered if anyone out there
has
some recommendations. Our requirements are:

 * Serious commitment to security, probably commercially supported
 * access roles, including the ability to delegate access on a
   per- folder basis or similar, rather than a per- item basis
 * staging and work flow, more specifically, the ability to approve
   content before publishing
 * preferably an open source license with commercial support
 * API and ability to easily create and use dynamic content with
varying
   degrees of sophistication
 * programmed in (in order of preference) python, php, java, perl.
   (.Net is not an option)
 * easy to use

 * added bonus -  the ability to create static or semi- static content
   that can be distributed out to servers that may not share a lan.

The fact is, I've not yet convinced my team that the wiki we're
currently using is not satisfactory. Next week we have a big meeting
and
I'm creating a presentation and would like to include a few products
toss out for consideration.

Can anyone make a suggestion?
--
Matthew Nuzum