[Cialug] CMS selections

Matthew Nuzum matthew.nuzum at canonical.com
Wed Nov 8 17:30:37 CST 2006

I'm investigating CMS systems and just wondered if anyone out there has
some recommendations. Our requirements are:

 * Serious commitment to security, probably commercially supported
 * access roles, including the ability to delegate access on a
   per-folder basis or similar, rather than a per-item basis
 * staging and work flow, more specifically, the ability to approve
   content before publishing
 * preferably an open source license with commercial support
 * API and ability to easily create and use dynamic content with varying
   degrees of sophistication
 * programmed in (in order of preference) python, php, java, perl.
   (.Net is not an option)
 * easy to use

 * added bonus - the ability to create static or semi-static content
   that can be distributed out to servers that may not share a lan.

The fact is, I've not yet convinced my team that the wiki we're
currently using is not satisfactory. Next week we have a big meeting and
I'm creating a presentation and would like to include a few products to
toss out for consideration.

Can anyone make a suggestion?
--
Matthew Nuzum