[Cialug] xorg.conf issues

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Tue Nov 7 11:07:03 CST 2006

Nathan C. Smith wrote:
> Can you throttle back the image side using ctrl-+ or ctrl-- ?
No.

> You probably know this, but out of range means a frequency can't be matched
> between the display card and display device.

Is it possible that even with the lid closed it is using the LCD instead
of the monitor?

> There are a lot of mode calculators on the internet that can help you find
> the right modeline for your x.org configuration file.  You will need to know
> the frequency specs of the monitor for that.

Well for reference my xorg.conf is here:

http://www.tonybibbs.com/xorg.conf

> Also, xdpyinfo is handy for knowing what you have once you have it running.

xdpyinfo output is at

http://www.tonybibbs.com/xdpyinfo.out

FWIW, back the XFree days this sort of stuff worked out of the box.  Not
sure if my  issues are xorg, ATI or a bit of both.

--Tony