[Cialug] xorg.conf issues

Nathan C. Smith smith at ipmvs.com
Tue Nov 7 09:50:11 CST 2006

Can you throttle back the image side using ctrl-+ or ctrl-- ?

You probably know this, but out of range means a frequency can't be matched
between the display card and display device.

There are a lot of mode calculators on the internet that can help you find
the right modeline for your x.org configuration file.  You will need to know
the frequency specs of the monitor for that.

Also, xdpyinfo is handy for knowing what you have once you have it running.

-Nate