[Cialug] Can we do anything? Spammer is using our Web addresses

Rob Miller robarooney at gmail.com
Mon May 22 20:05:41 CDT 2006

My wife manages several Web sites for small businesses in Coralville, where
we used to live.  We've set up the sites' Web mail to return all e-mail that
is not specifically addressed to one of the sites' e-mail addresses.  Over
the past couple of months, we've gotten thousands of spam messages that have
been sent out using one of our Web addresses as the sender address and then
blocked by the targeted e-mail system.   Is there anything we can do?  We're
concerned that the reputation of these sites, which have been on the WWW
since 1998, will be ruined.  Thanks.  Rob Miller