[Cialug] DSL v. Cable (Ankeny)

Jerry Heiselman jweida at gmail.com
Thu May 4 11:45:30 CDT 2006

The modems do not use NAT at all.  They are setup, however, that if they see
a request destined for 192.168.100.1 that instead of passing it out the RF
port to the Mediacom network, they instead route that internally to display
the diagnostic pages.  The modems themselves are assigned private addresses
from a net-10 range for control by the cable operator, and the
computers/routers/etc... are assigned net-12 addresses for public use.