[Cialug] fstab options

David Champion dchampion at visionary.com
Wed Mar 22 15:35:34 CST 2006

Some versions of Linux will automount USB storage devices, floppies,
cdroms... (i.e. Mandriva) if they're either present at boot, or plugged
in later.

I believe Mandriva is using hotplug - http://linux-hotplug.sourceforge.net/.

They used to use an automount daemon several versions ago, but that was
somewhat problematic. The current method seems to be relatively stable.

-dc