[Cialug] OT: forum harassment

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Wed Mar 22 11:35:48 CST 2006

I run a lowly hunting and fishing website that has been around for
nearly 6 years.  I've finally run into a situation where I had to ban a
guy by IP for being an idiot (racist comments) and now he's simply
hopping from PC to PC finding new IP's, creating new accounts and posting.

This all materialized today, but my plan is to simply give this a few
days to see if it dies down.  But in an effort of planning, are there
any viable legal actions one can take?  I know who the guys is, just
don't have anything I can really do.  My hunch is he will grow tired of
it all, but what are my options if he doesn't?

--Tony