[Cialug] homeland security

Bryan Baker ka_klick at mac.com
Tue Mar 14 11:55:32 CST 2006

Probably because you state that it's for resale.
I'm getting the impression that these were all direct deals.

"Why, I'm planning on creating a fraudulent electronic voting
system..." oh, crap, Diebold already beat me to it.

On Mar 14, 2006, at 11:44 AM, Dave Weis wrote:
> We order a lot of them and they just ask for end user name and phone
> number so I don't cut in on someone else's commission.
>
> On Tue, 14 Mar 2006, David Champion wrote:
>
>> Here's a blog entry about this, posted June 23, 2005.
>>
>> http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2005/06/dell_protects_t.html
>>
>> I've ordered servers from Dell since then (small-ish PowerEdge
>> sc1425's), and have not been asked these questions. I order through a
>> Dell Small Business sales rep.
>>
>> -dc
>>
>> Dave J. Hala Jr. wrote:
>>> I thought of that. Unfortunately, I don't want to be on the DHS
>>> radar. I
>>> know its cowardly. However, I just don't have the resources to get
>>> tangled up with them. It sucks that I have to give up my rights
>>> because
>>> I don't have the $$$ for a long legal battle.  I guess Bush wins this
>>> round.
>>> However, I will need to buy another server next month, so at that
>>> time,
>>> if they ask again, I'll post it on /.  That way I can take a little
>>> poke
>>> at "the man" without having to pay my attorney. Or maybe post it
>>> now...
>>> I might even put up a webpage hosted on one of Dave's servers. (j/k)
>>> :) Dave
>>

> --
> Dave Weis             "I believe there are more instances of the
> abridgment
> djweis at sjdjweis.com   of the freedom of the people by gradual and
> silent
>                       encroachments of those in power than by violent
>                       and sudden usurpations."- James Madison

Bryan Baker
Technology Advocate
Iowa Legal Aid