[Cialug] homeland security

Dave Weis djweis at sjdjweis.com
Tue Mar 14 11:44:49 CST 2006

We order a lot of them and they just ask for end user name and phone
number so I don't cut in on someone else's commission.

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006, David Champion wrote:

> Here's a blog entry about this, posted June 23, 2005.
>
> http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2005/06/dell_protects_t.html
>
> I've ordered servers from Dell since then (small-ish PowerEdge sc1425's), and
> have not been asked these questions. I order through a Dell Small Business
> sales rep.
>
> -dc
>
> Dave J. Hala Jr. wrote:
>> I thought of that. Unfortunately, I don't want to be on the DHS radar. I
>> know its cowardly. However, I just don't have the resources to get
>> tangled up with them. It sucks that I have to give up my rights because
>> I don't have the $$$ for a long legal battle.  I guess Bush wins this
>> round.
>>
>> However, I will need to buy another server next month, so at that time,
>> if they ask again, I'll post it on /.  That way I can take a little poke
>> at "the man" without having to pay my attorney. Or maybe post it now...
>>
>> I might even put up a webpage hosted on one of Dave's servers. (j/k)
>>
>> :) Dave

>>> Correct answer: None of your business.
>>>
>>> <tinfoil hat>
>>> They already know this anyway, since everthing's wiretapped and monitored,
>>> right?
>>> </tinfoil hat>
>>>
>>> -dc

Dave Weis             "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment
djweis at sjdjweis.com   of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent
                       encroachments of those in power than by violent
                       and sudden usurpations."- James Madison