[Cialug] OT: what computer....

Nathan C. Smith smith at ipmvs.com
Fri Mar 10 15:32:12 CST 2006

I cringe too - It's more of a shrug/cringe thing.  Anyway.
I don't feel like I can recommend a consumer-class machine from best-buy or
complusa in good conscience.  They have about a 3 year planned obsolescence
and the power supplies seem to ship with expiration dates.  I also agree
with Dave, if you build it yourself it ends up as yours for a *long* time.
I've been burned by this one too many times.

Opening your mouth to answer the question at all is really a no-win
situation isn't it?

Thanks for the input everybody.  I'm glad to know I'm not alone in this.

-Nate