[Cialug] OT: what computer....

David Champion dchampion at visionary.com
Fri Mar 10 14:57:20 CST 2006

Paul Gray wrote:

True dat...

Really depends on their needs. Most of the time I'd say Dell, or go get
something from CompUSA or BestBuy. Sometimes it's better to do a
custom-built PC if they want specific things, or if you're upgrading
from an old PC and can re-use a lot of parts.

You can also send them to one of the smaller computer shops if you think
they'll need a lot of hand-holding, and you don't want to have to deal
with it.

-dc