[Cialug] System boot halts at "Filesystem is NOT clean"

Chris Hettinger cjh at raccoon.com
Tue Mar 7 10:13:15 CST 2006

Booted up a box I haven't touched in a little while, last know boot was
fine. The system had to be restarted because it had now
monitor/keyboard/mouse attached. On the next boot the system stops
shortly following "Checking root filesystems":

"Reiserfs super block in block 16 on 0x348 ...
Filesystem is NOT clean."

I see this once, it then loads a couple things then I see twice more
before start up appears to halt.

Not seeing HDD activity ...

Can anyone explain a little bit about what I'm seeing? What may be my
next step?

-ch