[Cialug]apt-get errors

Dan Hockey icepuck2k at mchsi.com
Fri Mar 3 19:33:27 CST 2006

ifconfig showed the same on both mandriva and sarge
netstat -rh is were things change..

mandriva2k6 showed
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags   MSS Window  irtt
Iface
192.168.1.0     0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U         0 0          0
eth1
0.0.0.0         192.168.1.1     0.0.0.0         UG        0 0          0
eth1

while sarge just showed
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags   MSS Window  irtt
Iface

with nothing shown below

Tom Pohl wrote:

> On both boxen, type the following 2 commands and let's compare:
> ifconfig
> netstat -rn
>
> Also, have you tried to ping an outside ip address instead of a name?

I've tried names and ip's, neither works. I can ping ip's of boxs on my
network just fine.
maybe the output from netstat -rn has something to do with it?
-dh