[Cialug] PostgreSQL on SUSE 10.1

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Mon Jul 31 09:36:27 CDT 2006

 You can use chkconfig or, if you want a GUI, you can use "/sbin/yast2
runlevel"

To use chkconfig, do the standard "chkconfig --list" and look for
postgresql.
Then do "chkconfig postgresql on", and run the list again to make sure
that the changes took.

I tend to use chkconfig because it works the same on RedHat/CentOS as
on Novell/SUSE.

--
-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701

>>> "Carl Olsen" <carl-olsen at mchsi.com> 07/30/06 7:34 PM >>>
I've just installed SUSE Linux 10.1 and I've got PostgreSQL configured
and
accepting remote connections from my local network.  It doesn't seem
start automatically when the system reboots.  Does anyone know what I
need
to do to get it to start automatically?

Carl Olsen
http://www.carl- olsen.com/