[Cialug] ssh tunnel between two cliens via the help of a server

Tom Pohl tom at tcpconsulting.com
Fri Jul 28 14:34:43 CDT 2006

Yes, it is possible to do this!  I do it all the time with my twin
brother when he has a linux server on the inside of his network that
he wants me to play with.  You've basically got the idea to do a
local port on one machine and a remote port on the other.  The only
thing missing from the commands shown is the intermediary public
server that both clients will connect to.

You'd then point your VNC client to localhost from the computer with
the -L command and you're good to go!  Keep in mind, port 6000 needs
to be available on the remote machine to bind on otherwise it won't
work.

-Tom