[Cialug] SUSE 10.1 or Debian?

carl-olsen at mchsi.com carl-olsen at mchsi.com
Tue Jul 11 09:04:22 CDT 2006

I have two machines, so I'm not worried about down time.  I'd like to keep working with SUSE because I have some experience with it and it seems to do everything I need to do.  It is working flawlessly and has been for a couple  years now.  However, being able to upgrade the OS without wiping the drive or doing a complete reinstall does sound like a major improvement.  I can understand having to reboot several times.  I just wiped the drive on my laptop and reinstalled Windows XP and I had to reboot several times to get all the patches installed.  After installing all of the patches, Office 2003, SQL Server 2005, Visual Studio 2003, and Visual Studio 2005, I probably rebooted at least 20 times.

-------------- Original message from "Daniel A. Ramaley" <daniel.ramaley at DRAKE.EDU>: --------------