[Cialug] uptime

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at DRAKE.EDU
Thu Jul 6 12:12:26 CDT 2006

I've used up2date on the RHEL machines at work and no, it doesn't force
you to reboot. But then the new kernel doesn't actually take effect.
Under Debian aptitude doesn't force me to reboot either, though it is
helpful enough to display a message strongly encouraging a reboot.

I used to care about uptimes, but now i keep my kernels patched instead.