[Cialug] Virtualization

Nathan C. Smith smith at ipmvs.com
Fri Feb 3 09:02:08 CST 2006

It would be overkill for your application, but VMWare ESX server would do
that easily.

Workstation can handle it too though.  I've been a VMWare user/tester since
their first beta of workstation and think it a product well worth paying
for.

The only constraint in your instance will be RAM you will want a lot of it.
I don't know what chip you are using but on my AMD64 3-4 VM machines + host
seems to be about the limit for my 2GB RAM.  I'm running an older
workstation patched to work with AMD64 though.  You may have much better
results on a newer version.

-Nate