[Cialug] Preferred pop3 or imap daemons

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Wed Dec 6 11:34:04 CST 2006

I'm a big fan of courier.  It's bundled with qmail-toaster, but it works
well with other systems too.

I tend to avoid using POP, but courier supports IMAP and IMAPS very
well.

I have had issues with qpopper in the past, but that was over four
years ago, so things might have changed.

--
-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701

>>> "Nathan C. Smith" <smith at ipmvs.com> 12/06/06 11:11 AM >>>

I need to set up pop3 and imap, anybody have any suggestions on which
use?  Most compatible?

I'm using ubuntu and I see courier and qpopper, dovecot and teapop. Wu-
imap
etc. for Imap choices.

I'm bewildered.  Right now Exim is installed for MTA.

Thanks.

- Nate

Nathan Smith  McKee, Voorhees & Sease, P.L.C.  515.288.3667