[Cialug] wikipedia

John.Lengeling at radisys.com John.Lengeling at radisys.com
Tue Aug 15 17:19:07 CDT 2006

What kind of user documentation?  Manuals?  PDFs?  or are you just talking
about online/self-service stuff?

MediaWiki really isn't a good fit for Manuals/PDFs like what you would get
with shrink wrapped software.    It is good for the online/self-service
stuff.  I support various software engineering tools so I wrote a bunch of
documentation, screen shots, faqs, etc.  I now just point people to the
Wiki page.

johnl

"Dave J. Hala Jr." <dave at 58ghz.net>
Sent by: cialug-bounces at cialug.org
08/15/2006 04:59 PM
Please respond to
Central Iowa Linux Users Group <cialug at cialug.org>

Central Iowa Linux Users Group <cialug at cialug.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [Cialug] wikipedia

I'm really interested in user documentation. Generally speaking, my user
do a bunch of doc's and then we try and merge them, and its generally a
painful task.

I'll take a look at Media Wiki.

--

Open Source Information Systems, Inc. (OSIS)
Dave J. Hala Jr., President <dave at osis.us>