[Cialug] Newbie question - connecting PS2 mouse/keyboard to USB port on Linux box

Rob Miller robarooney at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 22:40:36 CDT 2006

I've got a Dell n510 with SuSE 10.  I'd like to use my old IOGEAR kvm switch
to connect another Dell pc to share the monitor, keyboard and mouse.
However, the IOGEAR cables are PS2 and the Dell n510 only has USB ports.  I
bought a Dynex adapter that routes the PS2 mouse and keyboard into one USB
port and the mouse works but as soon as I hook up the keyboard and go to
Firefox, an on-going string of letters (
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ) fills the address field.

Would two individual PS2 to USB adapters solve the problem?

Thanks.