[Cialug] SPAM question

Stephen Hawkins ng0g at mchsi.com
Wed Aug 2 04:37:38 CDT 2006

Jerry,

On Tuesday 01 August 2006 21:26, Jerry Heiselman wrote:
> I've been getting tons of them per day.  Luckily, with gmail, I can
> preview the first little bit of the message, so it's easily
> identifiable as Spam since the text is always gibberish.

I am getting it also, and am a little puzzled by it.  Most Spam is trying to
sell you something, or find live email address, or infect you with something.
This spam appears to have no function at all.

I get some other that is html.  It doesn't make much sense, but is a little
more grammatically correct then these.  I keep my email program set on text
only.  That spam could be fishing for good email addresses, as hidden in the
html is usually something that will let them know when the html is executed
so to speak.  But this new stuff is text only and won't even do that.  So why
even send it???

Steve
--
73 49 111 01001001