[Cialug] SPAM question

Jerry Heiselman jweida at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 21:26:52 CDT 2006

I've been getting tons of them per day.  Luckily, with gmail, I can
preview the first little bit of the message, so it's easily
identifiable as Spam since the text is always gibberish.  You'd think
that they would at least steal the text from current news articles or
something to make it look more legit.

Anyway, the only way I could think of to have automated Spam filtering
of this type of junk mail would be to have it grade the content of the
email based on grammer rules and trigger if it fails in comparison to
the ratio of text.

Unfortunately, I'm not smart enough to implement this sort of thing.   :(

--
Jerry