[Cialug] Iowa Computer shows/sales?

Anthony Jeffries ajeffri at loopysite.org
Wed Apr 12 16:41:41 CDT 2006

Tim Wilson wrote:

> There's the "Super Computer Sale" at the fairgrounds in Des Moines.
> That's usually held Mother's day weekend, and the weekend before
> Thanksgiving.  It has drastically gone down hill.  I've heard people
> (myself included) refer to it as the "Stupid Computer Sale".

Regarding computer sales, the best place for cheap new stuff is online.
Offline, there's the various surplus sales, like ISU Surplus in Ames on
Wednesdays from noon to 3. The DOT in Ames also has surplus sales, but
they're less frequent, but those are for used/unusual equipment, like
Sun Ultras or VAXen. I think there are other sales around. Google is
your friend here.

Also, watch the local user group mailing lists. People are always trying
to get rid of old computer stuff.

--
Tony Jeffries
ajeffri at loopysite.org