[Cialug] vmware player - bridged network?

dave at visionary.com dave at visionary.com
Fri Apr 7 15:21:25 CDT 2006

OK, not sure if this is the RIGHT way to do it, but I got it working.

In WinXP's network connections, I changed the virtual ethernet interface
that my linux virtual instance was using to a static IP 10.10.0.28. Then I
had to completely shut down the vmware session (rebooting the virtual
linux instance didn't do it). When it came back up, it got a dhcp address
from my LAN of 10.10.0.184. So my PC is now using 3 ip addresses...

-dc